miércoles, 30 de junio de 2010

JoeyGDaubenBlog.com | Constructing the Infrastructure for a Media Empire

While some may think that targeting tiny-to-small towns with less than 3,000 people is no big deal, there are many methods to my madness. It all started with what I coined as the "Small City Strategy" while at The Ellis County Press: invade small towns with free copies of the newspaper and at the same time, canvass neighborhoods and look for likely voters, conservative ones...I pitched the Freedom of the Press Group strategy of launching newspapers in these small towns to the ECP with the help of my editor-at-large Bill Collier, and no one bought into the plan.

So now, ladies and gentlemen, you are witnessing the creation of what I have planned since I was 16-years-old: a media empire. Granted, this media empire only takes in one county (Ellis) with satellites in neighboring ones (Johnson, Navarro, Hill, Kaufman, Henderson), but rest assured that "The Conservative Voice of _______" is not finished.
First I take over the small towns. Then I take over the DFW region. Then I take over this entire state. You don't think much of it, do you?

Well that's fine, because it's happening...slowly, but it's happening. The logos that you have seen rolling out on this blog (and linked to my sidebar) are just a start.

I always told myself, "there's a market for the truth," and "I want to be the Rupert Murdoch of Ellis County." Well it's not just Ellis County anymore. I want to establish the entire state of Texas as my media fortress.

I will replicate this idea as time progresses, and more people come into the fold. Right now I have to manage the influx of people who want to be writers/editors/columnists. This is a very, very good problem to have. I don't know if seven newspapers is going to handle all of the interested people who have written to me about getting involved.

So, while everyone laments the loss of mainline newspapers, or of local "community" newspapers, I am constructing a takeover of this area, and later, this state...

For the past 10 years, you people have given me an education in politics, economics, journalism, business management and social networking --- free of charge.

I am about to repay all of you in the form of an unstoppable and "increasing" presence of this motto:

Freedom of the Press Group Motto
"To go into towns where local papers have neglected, to give a forum for dialogue and debate, to reach the lost and remain watchdogs on local government, while ensuring our liberties are protected and maintained."
Local newspapers are going to be profitable. I'm building the pieces to an organization that will carry out these goals, dreams and strategies...

I must continue to thank my Minnesota-based graphic-designer-at-large, Jessica Lee, for coming up with these logos. I give her the vision and the artwork, and she pieces them all together like a canvass.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario