lunes, 21 de junio de 2010

Precinct 1 | Constituent is Pissed Over Roads

FYI: I supplied this constituent with Precinct 1 Commissioner Dennis Robinson's e-mail address (dennis.robinson@co.ellis.tx.us) after receiving a request to publish this:
I built my home in precinct 1 out of Palmer that has a Red Oak mailing address & Red Oak Schools etc. sixteen years ago. Although we appear to be in the city & our neighborhood is taxed as though we lived in Highland Park ( $200,000.00 ) we get the Three Stooges  ( Larry, Moe & Curly ) type of road repair & water drainage & services. ( NO ) code enforcement. High grass, dogs running loose, ditches with standing water & they don't spray for the mesquitos that breed in it ? It's like that all over. Please see the attached pictures. This happens all the time & is a TOTAL WASTE of TIME & TAXPPAYER MONEY. They literally spray oil ( NOT ) asphalt & then spray enough gravel to pave another road & then drive off & leave it for the cars to drive on. I have seen them do this after a rain with water standing ? They don't roll it or do anything to make it stick. It can't stick or embed itself it's NOT asphalt. This is ( NOT ) a farm to market road this is a residential neighborhood. I would love the commissioner to drive his personal just washed & waxed car down the street. I'm not sure what rocket scientist came up with this method & I hope you will expose them. These were pictures from June 8th. in front of my house. I have called & left messages & talked to Carol 972-449-3260 & so has my wife & six days later I have not received a return call & obviously they have NO intent to clean up this mess in front of my house. This needs to be cleaned up. Someone will have a wreck. Teenagers fly up & down the street. Usually it's piled up at the stop signs & red lights & you slide right through the stop signs & red lights because of the excess gravel. It gets stuck under your car, in your tires, in the driveway & ultimately in the garage & on your shoes & into the house. I was getting pelted with it being thrown from cars driving up & down the road while I was mowing my own yard. PLEASE COME TAKE A LOOK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ASSURE you, you will be able to SEE what a BAD joke & WASTE of MONEY $$ this is. Everything you see in the pictures will sweep up it is NOT sticking to the road & there were no pot holes in front of my house to begin with ? I have almost slid off my own driveway just turning into it & the mail man almost hit my mailbox. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard Bowren

505 Rushy Creek Trail

Red Oak, Tx 75154

972-617-3667

Answers as Door Doctor

Thanks in advance.

4 comentarios:

  1. Tell me about it! I am so tired of seeing some guys kicking around on a back of a truck throwing a shovel full of gravel and asphalt into a hole and driving off down the road.

    I live in Precinct 2 and our road conditions are deplorable. It is almost like we are being punished for desiring half-way decent roads to drive on.

    One commissioner sat up during a q&a forum and said, "Well, these soccer moms just want to pick the kids up, have a smooth ride home and keep their taxes low."

    YEAH I DO! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK!!!

    WAKE UP Commissioner's Court THAT IS YOUR JOB! Figure out how to get your to-do list completed while staying in a budget.

    VOTE OWEN FOR COUNTY JUDGE

    Let's start fixing these roads one at a time BEFORE EVERYONE GETS THEIR DAMNED PAY RAISES.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. You get what you pay fit and the .34 cents you pay gives you an improved gravel road. If you want better then move to a city... I wish the commissioners woul turn all county roads to gravel. That's what many counties do outside Texas. Ever been to Arkansas or Missouri or Louisiana? There county roads are compacted GRAVEL.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. He does not live in the city and gets what he pays for..... An improved gravel road..... That's what a county road is. The developer put in chipseal when the road was initially built. Why should we pay for an overlay of asphalt? The county will chip seal it when it warrants it. The commissioner has hundreds of miles of other road that us in much worse condition than his.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I am personally tired of the semantics and run around. Lets just get some roads fixed without passing the buck.

    No, I do not remember what the Grinch's response was...enlighten us

    ResponderEliminar